Sunday, September 11, 2011

Trivial Pursuit and mattress shopping

The last few days, Elliot's been wanting to do puzzles with me. After we finished putting together an Indiana Jones puzzle on Thursday, Elliot asked if we could do another one. I didn't really want to do another puzzle, so I went to the closet to see what else we had. It was then that I spotted my very first Trivial Pursuit game. In fact, I think it is the only one of all the games and toys that I ever had as a kid to make it to adulthood with me. Meanwhile, Chris still has every toy that he ever played with. Not that I'm bitter about that, but I digress...If you know me, then you know that Trivial Pursuit is my absolute hands-down all-time favorite game in the whole world. I really can't overstate this. I love this game. Then I read the suggested age range: "Age 7 and Up". YESSSS!!!!! I grabbed the box, spun around, and said, "Elliot, I've been waiting your whole life for this!!" Unfortunately, we ran out of time to play it that day. I can't wait though - it's gonna be awesome when I finally get to play it with him! Chris just rolled his eyes at me (as usual), even though he was exactly the same way with Legos. Quattros and Duplos weren't "real" Legos, so he couldn't wait until Elliot was old enough to be trusted not to eat them.
My 1st Trivial Pursuit, circa sometime between 1984 & 1987. The brown spots are from my dad's chewing tobacco. Yum.
On a completely different subject, we went mattress shopping today. The last time I bought a bed/mattress was in 1997. I think the whole shebang cost me something like $400 from L.L. Bean. I really got my money's worth out of it, but at this point I think the floor might be a more comfortable sleeping surface. Naturally, the mattress I liked the most was one of the more expensive ones - it's a Tempur Pedic. For what we paid for this thing, any rational person would also expect it to perform sexual favors. I think I'm still on the hook for those though. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment