Monday, September 12, 2011

Enzyme kinetics and microfilaments can suck it

I feel like I'm in the seventh circle of hell - where all of the concepts in cell bio and biochem that I most despised and hoped never to see again have become the be-all and end-all of my pathetic existence. I know I need to learn this stuff, but I haaaaate it. It's sooooo boring. I actually googled "can you die of boredom?", and found out that you can! Boredom will probably kill me at some point by giving me heart disease with perhaps a massive heart attack or maybe get real fancy and give me a nice big hemorrhagic stroke. But with my genes, this probably won't happen until I'm about 150-160 years old. Fuck. It's so bad that even bringing Ben Stein in to do the lectures would really liven things up. How am I going to assimilate this material?? It seems hopeless - I've actually been using my cell biology book as bedtime reading because it knocks me out in less than five minutes. Seriously. My biochemistry book works even better; whenever I open the cover, it's as if I'm overcome by a cloud of chloroform and it's lights out for Kristie. I'm so screwed...

No comments:

Post a Comment