Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Nice to meet you, Physiology guy!

I actually talked to someone this morning while waiting to be let into molecular biology lecture! His name is K and he's in the Physiology program. I think he sounds like a very interesting guy, and here's why: before we actually introduced ourselves, I was busy eavesdropping on a phone call he made that kind of made me prick my ears up. I gathered that he was calling a jail or prison - he told the person on the other end that he'd received a letter from his brother, which stated that the brother's release date was today. He was calling to confirm this so he could make pick-up arrangements (I assume). The first call was to the wrong person or department, so he made a second call to someone else. I'm not sure if he got any useful information or not - I must have zoned out or something. To summarize, all I really know about K is 1) his name is K, 2) he's in the Physiology PhD program (and doesn't have to take cell bio, damn him!), and 3) he has a delinquent brother who was supposed to be getting out of the joint today. The dichotomy between the goody-goody smarty-pants PhD student brother and the locked-up criminal brother (he had to have done something pretty bad to have time to be writing and sending letters, right?) makes K a very interesting person indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment