Sunday, January 8, 2012

Back to the grind

On the eve of my second semester of PhD school, I'm feeling quite depressed. I don't want to go back. And to make matters worse, I think the master's student has dropped out. I'm not absolutely sure about this, but he isn't showing up on the class rosters I'm able to access. We were supposed to take the same classes this semester, but it looks as though I have to go it alone again. Literally. I'm the only student enrolled for one of my classes, which should make for two very awkward hours of instruction in the professor's office every week. My second rotation is supposed to start tomorrow as well, but I've heard not a peep from the PI who will be the boss of me for the next eight weeks. I thought about emailing him all day today, but decided that I was too depressed to do it. Now it's 11:00 at night and it might be too late to message him. Oh well. Depression wins again. I hope I start to feel better about things tomorrow; right now I'm just filled with dread and anxiety and I'm not sure how I'm going to get any sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment